Thursday, February 26, 2009

Straits Times Reflection 4

Question 1. In the last line, what did the writer mean by suggesting that “he may have found more porcupines than rats?”

Answer: He meant that Lee Kuan Yew found more hard spiked people that are like porcupines with those dazzling spikes on their backs. The people he found are more stronger and have backbone like the porcupines. Though he found people who only come out to fine food like rats and stay at home other times, he found more of those strong willed and hard spiked people like the porcupines.

Question 2. What’s worth giving up your life for?

To know the true meaning of my existence and to fine out what does this "world" I live in means. To me, I don't know the meaning of my existence yet. I seek yet to fine it, yet not I found it. I sincerely wish that day will come, when I learn what I seek even if it means losing my life in the end, I will not have regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment